Post editing is a good thing and many photographers turn to it but it also has its definite drawbacks. Here is a few advice on how to use post editing smartly.
- Until you are advanced level in photography, try to steer clear from editing as much as possible
- Editing is good once you do it straight from camera or use RAW based editors which will provide you better quality edits Photoshop itself also implemented a RAW photo editor and wizard especially for newstarters
- Only edit minor mistakes and use the edit extremely carefully
- Photoshop is highly addictive and it also has a super high rate in making overall good photos look cheap and artificial. Beware of using it and when you do, give yourself a break from time to time to avoid over-editing.
- Always try to save the original photo. This way, even if you mess up the editing, you have your base to work with.